Facebook Park Photo Contest
In celebration of National Park & Recreation Month (July), we are holding a Facebook park photo contest.
What: Take a photo of yourself having fun in one of our parks and post it to our Facebook page. Whoever gets the most "Likes" wins!
When: July 1- 31, 2018
Where: Pleasant Valley Recreation & Park District's 28 parks
Who can participate: any Camarillo area resident, age 18+
How to Enter the Contest:
1. Take a selfie of you having fun* at one of our parks
a. *”Fun” (aka: how you enjoy your time spent in our parks) can be something like swinging on a swing, going down a slide, playing a sport on one of our sports fields or courts, playing with your dog at a dog park, going for a walk in the park, working out with our in park exercise equipment, etc.
2. Post your photo to PVRPD’s Facebook page
3. Contest begins 8am, July 1 and closes at midnight on July 31
4. Winners will be determined by the most “likes” of their photo posted to our page
5. 5 winners will be chosen from the most “liked” photos
6. Winners will be notified via Facebook message
7. Winners must come to PVRPD's admin office to pick up their prize (1605 E. Burnley St, Camarillo)
1. California State Parks annual pass: $195 value
2. National Parks annual pass: $80 value
3. Pleasant Valley Aquatic Center 20 entry Splash Pass: $42.59 value
4. Camarillo Grove Park annual parking pass: $55 value
5. PVRPD Gift Certificate: $50 value
- ADOLFO PARK, 3601 Adolfo Rd., map
- ARNEILL RANCH PARK, 1301 Sweetwater Ave., map
- BIRCHVIEW PARK, 5564 Laurel Ridge Lane, map
- BOB KILDEE COMMUNITY PARK, 1030 Temple Avenue, map
- CALLEGUAS CREEK PARK, 675 Avenida Valencia, map
- CAMARILLO GROVE PARK, 6968 Camarillo Springs Rd., map
- CARMENITA PARK, 1506 Sevilla Street, map
- CHARTER OAK PARK, 325 Charter Oak Drive, map
- COMMUNITY CENTER PARK, 1605 E. Burnley Street, map
- DOS CAMINOS PARK, 2198 N. Ponderosa Road, map
- ENCANTO PARK, 5300 Avenida Encanto, map
- FOOTHILL PARK, 1501 Cranbrook, map
- FREEDOM PARK, 275 E. Pleasant Valley Road, map
- HERITAGE PARK, 1630 Heritage Trail, map
- LAS POSAS EQUESTRIAN PARK, 2084 Via Veneto, map
- LAURELWOOD PARK, 2127 Dexter, map
- LOKKER PARK, 848 Vista Coto Verde, map
- MEL VINCENT PARK, 668 Calistoga Rd., map
- MISSION OAKS PARK, 5501 Mission Oaks Blvd., map
- NANCY BUSH PARK, 1150 Bradford Ave., map
- PITTS RANCH PARK, 1400 Flynn Road, map
- PLEASANT VALLEY FIELDS, 3777 Village at the Park Dr., map
- QUITO PARK, 7073 Quito Court, map
- SPRINGVILLE PARK, 801 Via Zamora, map
- TRAILSIDE PARK, 5462 Cherry Ridge Drive, map
- VALLE LINDO PARK, 889 Aileen Street, map
- WOODCREEK PARK, 1200 Woodcreek Road, map
- WOODSIDE PARK, 247 Japonica Avenue, map
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who post photos of themselves having fun at one of Pleasant Valley Recreation & Park District’s (the District) parks to the District’s Facebook page between July 1 and July 31, 2018 and who are eighteen of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Camarillo, California, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the District, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the District as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Sunday, July 1, 8:00am, Pacific Standard Time and ending Tuesday, July 31, 5:00pm, Pacific Standard Time. All online entries must be posted by Tuesday, July 31, 5:00pm, Pacific Standard Time.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting a photo as described above by posting it to the District’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pvrpd. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the District. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple Facebook accounts, email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the District.
5. Prizes: Five Winners (the “Winner”) will be selected for this Campaign. The First Place Winner will receive one California State Parks annual pass, approximate retail value $195. The Second Place Winner will receive one America the Beautiful national public lands annual pass, approximate retail value $195. The Third Place Winner will receive one Pleasant Valley Aquatic Center 20 entry Splash Pass, approximate retail value $42,50. The Fourth Place Winner will receive one Camarillo Grove Park annual parking pass, approximate retail value $55. The Fifth Place Winner will receive one District Gift Certificate, approximate retail value $50.
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the District. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the District’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the District to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be determined by the number of “likes” their photo gets after being posted to the District’s Facebook page. The poster of the photo with the greatest number of “likes” gets First Prize, the poster of the photo with the second greatest amount of “likes” gets Second Prize, etc. Winners will be notified by a direct message to their Facebook account, and winners’ Facebook usernames will be posted to the District’s Facebook page, within five (5) days following selection of Winners. The District shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT the District‘s SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the District, anyone acting on behalf of the District, and the District’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the District. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the District from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the District may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: the District reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the District’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, the District may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the District. The District reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. the District has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the District reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the District and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF The United States of America AND California, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Pleasant Valley Recreation & Park District, 1605 East Burnley Street, Camarillo, California, 93010, USA. Requests must be received no later than August 7, 2018.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Pleasant Valley Recreation & Park District, 1605 East Burnley Street, Camarillo, California, 93010, USA.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Pleasant Valley Recreation & Park District, 1605 E, Burnley Street, Camarillo, California, 93010, USA is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. By participating in this Campaign, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.