Freedom Park Sports & Facilities
The Freedom Park Sports Complex is located at 275 E. Pleasant Valley Road within the Camarillo Airport.
Freedom Park Baseball Complex
· The Pleasant Valley Recreation and Park District opened the Freedom Park Baseball Complex in February 2013.
· The Freedom Park Baseball Complex features lighted baseball fields - 4 youth and 1 adult.
· This complex features an adult-baseball-size field available for rent. Contact email@example.com for rental info.
· This complex is mainly used by Camarillo PONY Baseball Association.
· This baseball complex is closed for rest and turf renovation for approximately 4-5 weeks every August. Call 482-1996 or check back at a later date for closure periods.
Freedom Park BMX Track
Whether you want to race or simply want to ride, Freedom Park BMX Raceway provides great BMX riding and racing opportunities for participants of all ages and abilities.
· Grab your bike and GO! This schedule may change quickly due to weather, or because of the national race schedule or other unforeseen circumstances. Please... ALWAYS CALL BEFORE YOU HAUL! (805) 824-7854.
· The easiest way to get started is to come down to the track with a bike (please make sure it is in good working condition), a long-sleeve shirt, long pants, enclosed shoes and an approved bicycle helmet. Any bicycle including mountain bikes is permitted on the track.
· Track Hotline: (805) 824-7854. For more information visit their website.
Freedom Park Inline Hockey Arena
Roller Hockey League
· Adults (18+) can play one of two ways: Organized Adult Leagues play on Wednesday nights at 7pm. League fees are $175 for a three month season. Players are assigned to a team depending on skill level and position. As always, goalies play for free. If you’re interested in bringing your own team, contact director Patty Rogozinski.
· Adults can also come out to Pick-Up Hockey Night every Monday at 7pm. Here drop-ins are welcome. The one-night fee is $10.
· ALL players are required to carry AAU Insurance through the Amateur Athletic Union. To sign up for AAU’s low-cost plan, visit: https://www.aausports.org
· Once your insurance paperwork is completed, e-mail a copy to director Patty Rogozinski at: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Youth Leagues are currently being organized for Spring and Summer. Players under age 18 and their parents are encouraged to download the app and contact league director Patty Rogozinski at 805-660-0462 or via email: email@example.com for times and information.
· Youth Clinics are to be held on Mondays & Wednesdays 5-6pm. Each class is $10 and players will work with the coach on stick handling, passing techniques and developing teamwork. Call Patty at (805) 660-0462.
The Ventura County Derby Darlins practice and hold bouts throughout the year at the facility. Roller derby is a full-contact sport played by two teams of five members roller skating in the same direction around a track. Ventura County Derby Darlins are always recruiting skaters and officials; we will teach you to skate or train you in a non-skating position based on your interest. We practice from 7-9pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays and compete in bouts on Saturdays about once a month. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or check out our website at vcderby.com!
Freedom Park “Roadrunners” Remote Control Track
Established in 1974, the Roadrunners R/C Club has been bringing Remote Control racing to the Ventura County community. Our facility is a landmark in the Remote Control world, and has hosted many sanctioned State and National events for NORCCA (National Organization for Racing Radio-Controlled Autos) and ROAR (Remotely Operated Auto Racers).
Most of the world's fastest racers in the R/C industry have raced here. Featuring on-road, off-road, and paved oval racing the Roadrunners R/C Club facility has something for everyone. Our dedicated club members volunteer their time and efforts to provide a great place to race. This is a public facility during the week; however the Roadrunners R/C Club moderates and maintains the facility under our discretion governed by an agreement with the Pleasant Valley Recreation and Park District.
Are you curious about Remote Control racing? Come on out to the track and check it out! If you have an RC car (no matter what it is) bring it and try it out. If you don't have a car, come out anyway and we'll get you on the track one way or the other.
Visit website at https://www.roadrunnersrc.com/
· Freedom Gymnasium is located at 224 Willis Road near the Camarillo Airport.
· The gym, is hosts District programs such as Table Tennis for seniors, Open Play Basketball for ages 50+, Open Play Pickleball and Open Play Badminton for all ages.
· For more information on these programs visit “Open Play.”
· Freedom Gym has a bench on both sides of the gym for spectators. There are men’s and women’s restrooms located beyond the south wall.
· The gym may be reserved by contacting the District Office at 805-482-1996.
· Hourly rates, an administrative fee, cleaning fee and if necessary an alcohol insurance fee may be included.