Softball Field Rentals
Team Manager or Event Organizer
If you are interested in a softball field to reserve for a game or practice, there are two different ways to reserve a field with the Pleasant Valley Recreation and Park District.
To reserve a field for a practice or single game, you must have a current registered softball team in one of the slow pitch leagues with Pleasant Valley Recreation and Park District. If you have registered in the Pleasant Valley Recreation and Park District league (paid fee and turned in roster) and wish to practice prior to the league starting (practice times will not be granted after the season has started) you may complete the form on the next page (Form 1A). This sheet must be completed and turned into the District office -1605 Burnley St. and Carmen- prior to your desired practice time.
Once you have completed both portions of the form, you will cut off the bottom portion of the form and take with you the field at the date and time of your practice. After you have completed the form, staff will complete the practice field schedule and pass that information to Park Patrol and the Parks Department.
Some items to note:
- Practice times are set for even hours only (8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm or 6pm)
- Practices are free for day use, but practice requiring lights will require payment for the lights at the In-District or Out-of-District rate (call805-482-1996 for the latest Fee Schedule) and a minimum two hour use if field is available.
- There is no drinking or smoking in the parks at any time during a game or practice.
- Fields may be closed due to inclement weather.
To reserve a softball field for your team or event not involved in the Pleasant Valley Recreation and Park District softball league, you must follow these simple requirements:
- When an organization rents District facilities it is required that a certificate of insurance is on file at the District Office, with the endorsement page attached. The certificate must carry a minimum liability limit of $1,000,000 per occurrence, a 30-day cancellation clause, and the endorsement page attached with the Pleasant Valley Recreation and Park District named as the Additional Insured. You should contact your insurance agent and have the certificate and endorsement page mailed, faxed, or e-mailed to the District Office.
- Complete the required Application for Permit – Athletic Fields (Form 2A). The costs of the field will include an Administrative Fee, an hourly rate for field, hourly cost for lights, base rental and field prep fee and if needed, additional staff costs. If this is a large event, such as a tournament, please click here for our Tournament Information Packet.
If the fields are available, your payment is received, insurance is completed and on file at the District Office and your application is granted a Permit Number, then your reservation will be confirmed.
It is recommended that you reserve your practice field at least 14 days prior to the rental date. For tournaments or larger events we recommend at least 30 days notice.