Park Reservations FAQs

Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.

Park Reservations FAQs

Are there any insurance requirements?

A Certificate of Liability Insurance is required if alcohol is being served at your picnic, if a professional catering company will be providing food, and/or if a band or entertainment will be performing.
For additional information 

Availability—how can I find out if a park is available for the date I want?

This website  allows you to view availability. Please click on “View Facilities” to view the availability of each park.
If you have a particular park and date/time in mind you may also call (805) 482-1996 to speak with a reservationist regarding park availability.

Can I arrange for my guests to have free parking at Camarillo Grove Park?

Yes, you may arrange to prepay for parking for your guests; you will do this at the time that you finalize your reservation.

Can I have alcohol at my picnic?

Alcohol is permitted at all parks, except Nancy Bush and Valle Lindo, with a reservation and additional alcohol insurance.

Please call (805) 482-1996 for more information.

Can I have music, a performer (clown, magician, etc.), catered food, inflatable attractions, or a DJ at my party?

Most vendors are permitted at most facilities*, so long as insurance is provided prior to the event date.

Call (805) 482-1996 to speak with a Customer Service Representive.
*Inflatable Attractions-  This list is the inflatable attraction vendors who are approved to set up in the Pleasant Valley Recreation & Park District parks. If you are interested in having an inflatable at your party or event in one of our parks, you need:

  • A reservation permit with PVRPD (if your group size is under 15 and you do not need a picnic shelter and you do not have alcohol, you may be able to obtain a permit with us for $25, provided there is availability)
  • To contact one of the approved vendors to discuss your inflatable choice and pricing

Do I need a reservation permit to have a party or picnic at a park?

A permit is required if:
a. 15 or more people will be in attendance, or
b. An inflatable bounce company or other vendors are used, or
c. Alcohol is being served, or
d. You would like to secure the site for your event

How can I find the right park for my party?

The website provides a complete list of parks and amenities available at each facility to aid you in finding the perfect venue for your event.  

You may also call (805) 482-1996 to speak with a reservationist regarding which facility would best fit your event.

How much does it cost to reserve a picnic area?

The website provides a complete list of the costs for each site.

Please click here to view the Fee Schedule.

Is it possible to have an inflatable attraction at a park without reserving a picnic shelter?

For group sizes under 15 who desire to have an inflatable attraction (but do not need a picnic shelter or have alcohol) in one of our reservable parks, you may obtain a permit with us for $25 (cash or check only) in our office before you contact one of our approved vendors.

Please see our Approved Inflatable Vendor List

Is overnight parking allowed in any of the parks?

No, there is no overnight parking allowed in any of our parks.

Is there a fee to park at any P.V.R.P.D. parks?

There is a parking fee at Camarillo Grove Park.  For vehicles - on weekends it is $5/vehicle, on weekdays it is $3/vehicle, or you can purchase an Annual Parking Pass for $55 - good for one full year.  For oversize vehicles or RV's, the fee is $10/day on weekends and $3/day on weekdays. 

At Pleasant Valley Fields there is a parking fee during Special Events and Tournaments.  It is $7/vehicle. 

When will I receive my refundable cleaning deposit back?

You will be refunded your cleaning deposit approximately 3 – 4 weeks after your reservation date, as long as your party kept the picnic shelter clean with no damage, your trash was placed in the trash receptacles and all decorations removed; if you pay by cash or check rather than a credit card, your deposit may take longer to process.

Why do I need to make a reservation?

Without reserving a picnic shelter in a park, this area will either be open for others to occupy, or the picnic shelter may be reserved by other occupants and you will not be permitted to occupy this area